UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} MY FORUMIST OF THE MONTH!

Mrs.Aisha Rashid Lukwago Bute is a herbal 'doctor' based in Kampala, and, till this month when I started watching her herbal videos, I didn't know that she was someone I could be thinking about almost every time I log on Facebook. Sister Aisha is a bad-ass( because of her 'shake-the-bus' and cheeky posts, but listening to her, you see that she is courteous, knowledgeable, supportive, unapologetic, honest, independent and a reflective individual,who wants to make a difference to Ugandans and Uganda.In her archives are posts where she talks about the kinds of foods she has been eating and are very useful to the body. Her latest video about the benefits of Aloe vera juice and honey is just awesome. I had earlier watched one on black seed,and it was as good as an "age limit".You know, I try my level best to give people credit for intelligence.

As an aside,I am pro herbal medicine, and I think a lot of Africans are alive today because of herbs. People needs to read Dr. Susan Humphries book 'Dissolving Illusions' Disease, Vaccines and the Forgotten History'.This book informs of the history of disease and how they were created and how it was not vaccines that halted disease it was in fact hygiene and herbs. The doctors of today will tell you that herbal medicine is just folklore, and of no value even as they use chemically manufactured herbal medicine over 70 percent of the time. For instance, Aspirin is a herbal medicine.

However,I think it is important to put herbals in perspective. Some of them have been around for hundreds to thousands of years in use in primitive or foreign cultures. This latest batch has sprang up just as a money making gig made from almost anything that will not kill you. But, almost anything, many foods included, can generate side effects. Jalepenos make some people sweat, corn has a laxative effect, rice raises blood sugar in diabetic patients,Garlic, which may lower blood pressure and cholesterol, also prevents clotting and should be discontinued at least 36 hours before surgery. Everything is a herbal and should be used for what helps you.But since I haven't really studied this in depth, any information I could give is anecdotal at best. My guess is there is merit in the arguments for both those pro-herbal and anti-herbal.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, close-up

--

*Abbey Kibirige  Semuwemba*

Stalk my blog at: http://semuwemba.com/

"My journey is long and my preparation is so little, and weakness has gripped me and death is chasing me!"

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers